This entry – my second entry – will not really be on my experience in Africa (sorry to disappoint). I’m writing mainly because I'd like to share something that has been absolutely puzzling me. I’ve got an ant issue. Yes. There are several dozen ants living in my kitchen. I clean up after myself, but they're still around. When killing them didn’t work, I gave up and I learned to live with them. But they did something last night that – well, kinda freaked me out. I was not in hysterics, but was more or less puzzled.
One by one, and side by side, the ants formed a perfect circle. (My counter top was clean – I had no messes.) They didn’t move, but just stood in this cult-like formation for what seemed like a few minutes. I stood there, dumbfounded, staring at them. Thinking about it now, I wish I had taken a picture. When they didn’t move, I took a tissue and massacred them. They died in the circle formation on the tissue. I really haven’t seen a group of ants again afterwards – perhaps one or two, but not in its masses like before. Probably a good thing.
Next entry: Life in Cote d’Ivoire.
1 comment:
No! Not the ants!
Post a Comment